Tuesday 29 April 2014

REVIEW: Collection Cream Puff Moisturising Lip Creams

I tend to lean towards matte lipsticks over ones with a glossy finish. I find that the added shine can make my lips actually look thinner. However, the problem with some matte lipsticks is they dry the lips out so when I saw these lip creams from Collection that promise a matte finish but with extra moisture, I was quite intrigued and picked up a couple to try out...

Fairy Cake (Top) & Cotton Candy (Bottom)

Firstly, the colours. I chose 'Cotton Candy' which is a really nice mauve toned dark pink; its not a baby pink by any means.  I also went for 'Fairy Cake' which is more of a coral toned pink. I didn't really like the look of the other colours if I'm honest and other than the two I bought, I thought the colour range was a tad limited. The pigmentation is very high which is a plus for me. 

Secondly, the smell. Oh my god! They're perfectly named because they smell delicious. Imagine sweeties mixed with vanilla... YUM! 

Thirdly, the texture. These lip creams apply very softly and beautifully to the lips and feel quite, erm, creamy. However, once they set, you can really feel and see the matte finish they have. If you suffer from chapped lips (as I do), pop a little bit of lip balm underneath. This will stop your lips feeling bitty and chalky when the creams dry. 

Without flash
With flash

And finally, the price and packaging. These retail for £2.99 each which I think is a bargain if these are the type of products you like and you wear these colours a lot! I do like the packaging, its very compact, fitting into your make-up bag quite nicely and the doe-foot applicator is also nice.

So, how would I rate these? 

I'd give them a 4 out of 5. I love the pigmentation of the colours, packaging and of course the smell. They do however smudge a little bit which can put some people off. 

However for £2.99 each, I don't think you can go far wrong with these. 

Have you tried these lip creams from Collection? What did you think?

Collection Cream Puff Moisturising Lip Creams are available for purchase from Superdrug here or from Boots here

Thank you for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment