Friday 18 March 2016

My Make-Up Bag MVP's

We all have our staple products that absolutely, 100%, no questions asked have to be in our make-up bag on a day to day basis and when you don’t have them, things can feel a little less streamlined. When I was doing my make-up the other day, I noticed that I really only gravitate to particular items in my collection, despite having many other options available. These are the products that make my favourite looks effortless, quick and most importantly, thebomb.com. So here is a little insider into my make-up bag MVP’s…


Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

I’ll get the obvious out of the way as I know everyone loves this product. When I first started using this a few years ago, I didn't fall in love with it as an all-round concealer so I set it aside for just covering up any spots or pigmentation left behind from spots. I also felt that the finish of it was a tiny bit too cakey for my liking. However, fast forward those few years and here I am, loving this product and not wanting to be without it. There are several reasons behind my change of heart. Firstly, I think my skin has changed over the years and it know seems to respond well to the formula. I used to use quite harsh products on my skin that stripped it of the natural oils and made parts of it very dry. Secondly, how I apply and blend the product into my skin has changed. I use this product very sparingly on spots as a little does really go a long way with this and for my eyes I focus more of the product on the very inner corners, and then apply a lighter swipe underneath towards the outer. Since discovering the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (maybe I should’ve feature this in this post as well…), this is the only tool I will use to blend in my concealer. I dampen it under the tap and then bounce it on my face and it takes away any excess and creates a beautiful finish to the skin. 


Maybelline Master Ink Matte Liquid Liner

This is hands down the best product I have ever used to create winged eyeliner. I discovered this product whilst I was on the look-out in Superdrug for a matte formula because I don’t like a glossy finish to my liner and don’t want to have to always apply a matte black eyeshadow over the top every time. The applicator of this liner is great too, with a fibre tip that tapers into a perfect thin point that allows you to get a nice thin line on the inner corner. The staying power for this is great too. I’ve already converted my friend to it who says she loves it so if you are looking for a new liner to try, I would highly recommend checking out this one. 

(Note: When finding the links, these websites weren't very clear about the finishes... It's the matte one I am talking about in this post!)

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

I’ve talked about this mascara before on my blog so I won’t harp on too much… Although didn’t I just say that about the Collection concealer? This is a wonderful mascara and I am always recommending it to my friends and family who are looking for a new mascara. I particularly love this mascara when it has had some time to dry out a little bit. Too wet of a mascara formula can sometimes make my lashes stick together and not look very defined at all. If you want volume, length and curl, give this a go. 


Maybelline Brow Satin in Mahogany Red

The last Maybelline product that I will harp on about in this post… but seriously, they kill it with eye and brow products! This dual ended brow product is my holy grail for doing my brows. It has a wax tip for creating and defining the shape of your brow and the powder for sets the wax into place and intensifies the colour. As a redhead, I have always found it a bit difficult to find the best brow colour that isn’t too ashy but the shade ‘Mahogany Red’ complements my hair colour and complexion perfectly!


L’Oreal Collection PrivĂ©e Lipstick in Cheryl’s Nude

Sadly discontinued from the L’Oreal shelves, I am now rationing the last few wears and looking for a dupe of this lipstick. It’s a great nude option and it isn’t too nude that it sucks the life out of my skin. The formula is very creamy and has a satin finish with a hint of a sheen. Maybe one day L’Oreal will bring this one back…

Real Techniques Multi-Task Brush

I have several foundation brushes in my collection yet, I always come back to this one. I believe it was created for applying powder products such as blush, bronzer or powder but I think it is great for getting an effortless and quick application of cream foundations. The fluffy and slightly tapered brush hairs make it buffing motion very mobile, unlike very densely packed brushes. If you have this brush but have never used it to apply your foundation, I’d definitely recommend you try it out!


(Only available as part of the Travel Essentials Kit)

Zoeva Luxe Soft Definer Brush

Zoeva absolutely kill it with their make-up brushes. They are so affordable yet great quality and there is such a variety to choose from! This brush is great for applying a wash of colour on the lids or blending out a shadow in the crease. They wash wonderfully (as does Real Techniques) and perform just as well as they do when you first use them. The only downside to these is that the metal case around them (I have the Rose Gold set) has scratched quite a bit so they don’t look as perfect up close anymore, but they do a great job so I don’t mind one bit! I’m definitely going to be making an order on beautybay.com for a few more of these to have in my collection. 


I hope you have enjoyed reading this post and maybe found some new things to try out! Let me know what your make-up MVP's are :)

P x


No comments:

Post a Comment