Thursday 2 June 2016

When Customer Service Is Done Right | Liz Earle

If you follow me on Twitter, you would have seen that extremely flattering photo of myself looking slightly more rosy-hued than normal. What had happened to my skin was a result of a reaction to Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, a product I had my using almost every day for about two months. Although my skin looks otherwise, it was not sore to the touch or tight in any way. There was just incredible heat radiating from my face and red blotchiness all over. To make things somewhat more of a challenge, I had to go out for dinner an hour after I took this photo, so needless to say some heavy coverage foundation was called in to service.

#nofilter

I tweeted the photo to Liz Earle and I didn't have to wait long for a response. The wonderfully professional Hannah requested me to direct message her to discuss the issue, which I did and I was so impressed with how the whole situation was dealt with. As the picture looks much more severe than what it felt like, Hannah was very keen to speak to me and understand how and why this could've happened, especially as I had been using this product almost every day. The next day I spoke to her on the phone and she asked me some questions about the product itself such as the batch number, where I bought it from and how long I have been using it. She then offered to give me a full refund on the product but I politely declined because I truly love the product and wanted to give it one more chance. Completely understanding, Hannah said I could give it another go and if it happened again or similar I would still be able to receive a full refund. The icing on the top of this cake was when Hannah took my details and said she would pop a little something in the post for me as a goodwill gesture for what had happened. How lovely?! Sure enough, a full size bottle of Rosemary & Rock Rose Hand Repair was delivered to my doorstep. It is a lovely product and I'm so grateful. During our conversation, I wanted to reassure her that I was not angry or deterred by the incident and I still want to explore the brand and try other products. More than anything, I was just confused by what had happened because I used the cleanser almost every day. Interestingly, I have continued to use the cleanser and I have had no problems at all.


So why am I writing this blog post? I've seen many YouTube videos or blog posts dedicated to slating a beauty brand for how they deal with a customer query. Now these complaints may be completely warranted as no person nor brand are perfect but as important I think it is to be honest when we have a bad experience, it is equally important to praise a brand and an individual when they provide outstanding customer service. So thank you to Hannah and to Liz Earle for showing how customer service should be done. 

Let me know if you've had great customer service from a beauty brand in the comments below; it's important to highlight great work too! If you are a lover of Liz Earle products, also leave a comment as I'd like to try more from the brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment