Saturday 11 June 2016

The Body Shop's New Piñita Colada Range | Review

I've been a big fan of The Body Shop for many years now. I actually had my make-up done when I was 16 for my prom in one of their stores and I loved the look they did for me. Since then I've tried quite a few of their products and I can't think of one off the top of my head that I didn't like. The Body Shop is always one of the stores I tell people to go to if they want to buy me or someone else something for a birthday or for Christmas because there truly is something for everyone. 

When I saw what their latest release was I was so excited because it really is and will be the perfect addition to our summer beauty routines. Pina Colada's are also my all-time favourite cocktail so I had to give it a go. I bought the body butter and cream body scrub as a set in store when I was in London celebrating my birthday for £16. This is such a great deal and one that I would tell anyone interested in the range to pick up because the value and savings are fantastic. In the set, you get full size pots of the two products which retail separately at £15 for the scrub and £14 for the body butter. So depending on which one of the two you wanted, for a £1-2 more, you can get both and save £13! It is seriously a no-brainer and I really hope you are able to grab one of these sets! Another great bonus I received was that I was given £5 off my total for my birthday as part of their loyalty card scheme. So if it is your birthday this month, pop into store with your card and your products and you can make even more of a saving!
Now onto the products themselves, I'll start with the order that I would use them. As I'm getting back into my tanning routine, a good and abrasive body scrub is essential to get rid of dead skin before tan and left over tan when it's time to re-apply. Even if you aren't into fake tan, a good body scrub is great to have on hand anyway during the warmer months to help our bodies look and feel fabulously soft. The interesting thing about this Exfoliating Cream Body Scrub from the Piñita Colada range is that is a different formula to what I have used before. You can usually find salt and sugar body scrubs very readily now and whilst they are great, they can sometimes be a little too abrasive for some of us. I don't have particularly sensitive skin but I do like how this body scrub is very gentle on the skin and the creaminess of the formula seems to nourish as well as efficiently remove the dead skin. I think this body scrub is a great alternative to the traditional ones and of course it smells PHENOMENAL. The Body Shop absolutely nails scents in their body products so it's no surprise but seriously if you haven't smelt it yet, get to a store now! 

The Body Butter is equally wonderful. The Body Shop are well known for these products and they have such a variety of scents available that even if you aren't loving this range, there will definitely be one you do love. This product glides onto the skin like a dream and doesn't take ages to absorb either. On a day to day basis, I am not a fan of body butters/creams/lotions that take an age to sink in and having to walk around with my legs and arms out like a starfish. What I love about this product is that it is much creamier and fluid than other body butters I have tried from The Body Shop. Sometimes with body butters, I find I need to warm it up in my hands to get it to really spread evenly especially on the fronts of my legs where I do have particularly dry skin. This body butter doesn't need that at all which makes it great for quickly applying if you are in a rush and need a quick fix. The scent also lingers on the skin wonderfully so you'll be smelling sweet for hours. Great if you forget to sprits some perfume!

There are also 2 other products available from the range; a shower gel and a body sorbet. These could be even better for travel as they come in bottles and tubes rather than tubs. The body sorbet is also a much fresher and lighter boost of moisture which might be more suitable for warm and more humid climates. So if you have a holiday coming up, it might be worth popping these in your case. 

I hope you enjoyed reading this post, let me know what you think of this range and also what your absolute favourite products are from The Body Shop! To find more information about the range, click here.

P x 

No comments:

Post a Comment