Wednesday 14 August 2013

A/W 2013 Fashion Trends: Monochrome!

Hello again everyone!

I'm back today with another fashion trend for this coming season. Now, this particular trend has seen the test of time and can be worn by everyone.

So what is this amazing, timeless fashion trend, I hear you say? Well, it is 'Monochrome'.

I have picked out a few pieces from the high street and online that you can try to work this trend!

The golden rule (one of many) is that every woman should have a LBD (little black dress, in case you didn't know) in their wardrobe. So, why not branch out into an LMD? If you are quick on my little pun there, you'll know that means Little Monochrome Dress.

I love this dress from ASOS.com as it is very form fitting and has a flattering neckline. This dress would be great for nights out with your friends, you'll definitely get the right kind of attention in this. It's currently in the sale right now and is a bargain at £20!

ASOS.com, £20

For a more casual look, I've chosen this playsuit that also features a lovely monochrome pattern. Playsuits are so comfortable to wear as you don't have to worry about any awkward up lifts of the skirt from the wind; yes we've all had one of these moments!

ASOS.com,  £35

This can be paired with some black ankle boots and a cute boho-style drawstring bag. The print I find, is also very flattering on the body as it's not too large that it smothers your frame.

I've also picked out a camisole that features this trend and can be easily paired with some black jeans, smart skinny trousers or even a midi-bodycon skirt.

River Island, £15
I love the print of this blouse as it is has a taste of aztec which was very popular last season. These camisole tops are also very flattering as they draw the attention to the shoulders and bust but the loose fit also conceals the stomach; if you have tummy hang-ups. If you have a boyish frame, this top will also suit you as the loose fabric and busy print gives you added curves!

Moving onto accessories, I have chosen these classic black ankle strap heels. These type of shoes have been incredibly popular in the last season and look set to stay into the colder months.

ASOS.com, £42

One piece of advice that I would give with wearing these type of shoes is to make sure your feet are well manicured and moisturised. As there isn't a lot of coverage, the colder weather could dry your feet out and cause unsightly dry skin on your heels. 


So there you have it! I hope you have enjoyed reading this post and have gotten an idea about what you can incorporate into your wardrobe this season. Monochrome is such an easy but stylish trend to wear, so don't be afraid of it!

Thank you for reading and I'll see you in my next post!




No comments:

Post a Comment