Wednesday 6 August 2014

Autumn Polkadots

Nail art is a big thing in beauty right now and its a great way to jazz up your nails with more than one colour. We are creeping closer to Autumn months so here is a look suitable for the colder months but still catches your eye. Plus, who doesn't like polkadots?!


To prep, I trimmed and filed my nails. You wouldn't believe how quickly and long my nails grow. They are made of steel, I swear! Next I popped on some top coat which doubles as a base coat too from Leighton Denny available here.

For the base colour, I used a much loved colour from Essie, Bahama Mama, available here. I love plum-toned nail varnishes for Autumn/Winter. The formula of this and other Essie polishes are just lovely. They glide on like a dream. I have a good 2 coats of this for full opacity and it didn't get gloopy or streaky at all.
Once that had 90% dried (I started to get impatient and wanted to polkadot!!), I blobbed a generous amount of Barry M's Matte White, available here, on a piece of card with a cuticle stick armed at the ready. 

For the polkadots, its very simple. Literally, dip and dot. I started off with two dots then three dots and carried on across the whole nail. So easy.


Once this had all pretty much dried, I put on another coat of the Leighton Denny top coat and that was it! 

How long does it last, you say? A couple of my nails have chipped but I think thats due to rigorous washing up. I know, I'm quite the glamour puss! I reckon this will last about a week. I'll let you know!

What do you think of this nail design? Are you excited for Autumn/Winter?

Watch this space as some more A/W14 posts are coming your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment