Monday 4 August 2014

Boots Haul (+ First Impressions!)

So I went to Boots with a rather hefty 'to-buy' list and spent a hefty amount. It's only fair that I share with you what I bought and my first impressions of them. It also relieves my conscience a little as I feel I'm being somewhat productive in my spending. Reviews of those that particularly impress me will come in due course, rest assured!

Soap and Glory's Solar Powder Bronzer

A lovely looking duo bronzer with very little shimmer to it. Do not be discouraged by the pink overspray, that will disappear after the first stroke of your brush. The Soap and Glory products were all part of a 3 for 2 offer and is also my first dipping of feet into the make-up line First impressions: Love this. I find it to be much more subtle that my Benefit Hoola Bronzer so will be great for Autumn/Winter where I want just a hint of a glow. Having two colours gives you more control in how much you put on.

Soap and Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker in Nudist

A product loved by one of my favourite bloggers, Fleur from www.fleurdeforce.com, this is essentially a tinted lip balm in a twist up stick. First impressions: THIS SMELLS AMAZING. It also packs a lot more colour than I thought, automatically a winner and now a handbag staple. Highly recommend.

Soap and Glory's Kick Ass Concealer

Again, a duo (or triple with the finishing powder?) product from S&G. This features two concealers; one pink toned for cancelling out blue tones in the inner corner of the eyes and one green toned for cancelling out redness from pigmentation and spots. Also comes with a nifty little finishing powder to set everything into place. First impressions: Very nice. Great little compact to keep in the make-up bag to touch up any flare ups and the finishing powder is surprisingly very good! I wonder if this is a smaller version of their One Heck Of A Blot? If so, definitely purchasing!

No7 Instant Radiance Bronzing Highlighter

This caught my eye whilst I was late-night perusing Boots online and I had a voucher for £3 off No7 make-up (fabulous!) so decided to give it a whirl. First impressions: Again, lovely. Great alternative to powder bronzers and/or highlighters. Glides on lovely, blends well and gives a very natural glow-ey finish. I expect it would be great for holidays as it will sit better on the skin and is quite compact without the need for a brush.

Seventeen Falsifeye HD Mascara

This mascara was recommended to me by a friend of my sisters whilst at my sisters hen do. She said it is a dupe for the Benefit They're Real Mascara for a snip of the price. I haven't used that mascara before, have heard great things so decided to give this cheaper alternative a go. First impressions: The brush is quite deceiving. It's a thinnish plastic wand (not my favourites- I love a fibre wand personally) but it really does make lashes very doll-like. The first coat is fairly normal but the second coat is where the real monty comes in. Very impressed. Definitely give it a go if you see it!

Seventeen Eye Eye Crayon in Jewel

There was a buy one get one half price offer on Seventeen products and my boyfriend actually steered me away from my usual gold toned eyeshadows and said I should get the blue. First impressions: Boy did good. I love this, very creamy and stays on pretty well. I pinched a look using this colour from Pinterest for a night out and loved it. Maybe I'll recreate it for here? We'll see :)

Here are links to where you can buy everything mentioned:

S&G Solar Bronzer: http://www.boots.com/en/Soap-Glory%C2%99-Solar-Powder%C2%99-Bronzo-9g_1238296/
S&G Sexy Mother Pucker in Nudist: http://www.boots.com/en/Soap-Glory-Sexy-Mother-Pucker%C2%99-Gloss-Stick-3D-Super-Colour-Volume-Lip-Shine-2-72g_1277067/
S&G Kick Ass Concealer: http://www.boots.com/en/Soap-Glory--Kick-Ass-Concealer--Three-Piece-Camouflage-Kit-2-x-2-6g_1243294/
No7 Instant Radiance Bronzing Highlighter: http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Instant-Radiance-Bronzing-Highlighter_1475889/
Seventeen Falsifeye HD Mascara: http://www.boots.com/en/SEVENTEEN-Falsifeye-HD-Mascara_1502635/
Seventeen Eye Eye Crayon in Jewel: http://www.boots.com/en/SEVENTEEN-Eye-Eye-Crayon_1427550/


No comments:

Post a Comment