Sunday 18 January 2015

The Golden Globe 2015 Red Carpet Round-Up

Last Sunday night, I perched myself on my sofa rather comfortably ready to watch all the celebrities step onto the Golden Globes red carpet in their Jimmy Choo's and equally beautiful gowns, prepare to swoon.

With a rather large penchant for high fashion (my kind of art if you ask me), I love seeing how celebrities can take their chosen designers creations that are already breathtaking in themselves and bring them to life. The Golden Globes are also in the midst of Californian winter and its always interesting to see what colours are showcased as well as the typical darker colours. Canary yellow and red were popular choices this year to name a few and here are five of my favourite looks.


Who? Rosamund Pike
Wearing? Vera Wang
Thoughts? Kudos to this lady for wearing a dress this revealing a mere 5 weeks after giving birth. Seriously. If I had a hat to take off, I would! Albeit a very brave choice, I don't think it was the right choice for her. I'm not keen on how the top fits. I do wonder if it would look better if the straps were slightly more halter neck style. Nevertheless, her hair and make up was beautiful, I'm just not keen on the dress choice.



Who? Allison Williams 
Wearing? Custom-made Armani Privé
Thoughts? Everything about this dress I love. The colour, the frills, the fit. The fact that is was custom made for her is enough to make me go 'oooh how glamourous'. Allison looks very old Hollywood and I'm all about this look. It really is timeless.


Who? Lupita Nyong'o
Wearing? Giambattista Valli Haute Couture
Thoughts? Lupita was a knock-out in 2014. Since the film 12 Year's A Slave hit theatres and she stepped on many a red carpet, she quickly became one hell of a fashionista. Her arrival to the Golden Globes in 2015 was no different. She looks incredibly beautiful in this dress; the colour suits her so well, its young but still chic. Definitely one of my favourite looks of the entire evening.


Who? Kate Hudson
Wearing? Versace
Thoughts? *Jaw drops* Dang girl, Kate Hudson is white hot in this dress (pun always intended). The diamanté embellishment along the ribcage and plunging neckline are one hell of a risk but she definitely pulls it off. Her body looks fantastic; such an excellent choice!


Who? Jessica Chastain
Wearing? Atelier Versace
Thoughts? Hands down, my absolute favourite look from the night. I'm recently a Jessica Chastain convert, and it may be due to the fact that she's a redhead like me. I find myself turning to her for make-up and fashion inspiration quite a lot nowadays. At the Golden Globes, she oozed sex appeal and I've got to be honest, when I first saw her in this dress I did think "Damn, she is looking... perky". I also really like the colour of this dress. On TV it could be mistaken for black but when she walked, the true colour really showed and it complements her skin tone and hair colour so well. 

Did you watch the Golden Globes? Who was your favourite look from the evening?

Thank you for reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment