Friday 6 November 2015

Lash Game Strong.

Big, fluttery lashes are my ride or die when it comes to my make-up look. I have quite big eyes but very blonde lashes that look almost completely invisible when I'm completely free of make-up. So naturally, I rely on eye products to pack and punch and bring some much needed life to my face. 

Over the last few weeks I have been using only one mascara and it was a completely chance purchase. I usually do a lot of research before I buy any make-up but with the Maybelline Lash Sensational, I just saw, bought and hoped for the best! (Later on when I was reading reviews on it, I soon found out that a lot of other people enjoyed it too.) I really was not disappointed. This mascara gives me so much length and volume whilst defining my lashes too. The formula is build-able too providing the first coat is still wet/tacky. Once it is dry, it's not going anywhere and it can feel like you're tugging on your lashes when you apply more.


When it comes to false lashes, I usually reserve them for nights out or special occasions. However sometimes my natural lashes can be a little lack lustre, especially when they shed. Side note: only learned a few months ago that lashes shed and re-grow (?!) I don't really know what I thought they did but there ya go! I was pretty excited to try out the Eylure lash range by Fleur De Force. She happens to be my all-time favourite YouTuber and blogger and I've watched her videos now from the very beginning I think. I wanted to try her very favourites from her range and I must say, I really like them. The 'Fleur Loves' lashes are a 3/4 length which in most cases are the perfect length and the very tips are stone-ground tapered for an even more natural finish. (I recall Fleur mentioning that this is a new feature for Eylure lashes and might have its own patent? Don't quote me but I'm sure of it!) 

When it comes to putting these beauties on, they are a dream. I've had them for a week now and I reckon I have worn them about 5 or 6 times. In the image, the lashes are after I've worn them so you can really see how well the shape holds up. I do like to remove the old glue before I re-apply, making sure to hold the lashes between my fingers to not disrupt the shape as I pull. Overall, I'm very impressed with these and I may have asked for the rest of the range for Christmas from my boyfriend ;)

Have you tried either of these products? Let me know what you think or you have tried other products that you absolutely love!

P x

SHOP THIS POST:
'Fleur Loves' eyelashes (Fleur De Force by Eylure): http://www.boots.com/en/Fleur-De-Force-By-Eylure-Fleur-Loves-Lashes_1710988/





No comments:

Post a Comment