Tuesday 5 July 2016

June Beauty Favourites! (+ NEW VIDEO!)

Hello there, lovely people!

So another month has passed and we are now over half way through the year. Yes I know, I can't quite believe it either. Nevertheless with any end of the month in the beauty blogger world, we gather together our beauty gems from the past month and tell other beauty obsessives why we love them and why they need to buy them ASAP. There are no guesses as to what I am going to be talking about today in this post so I might as well just jump in and tell you what I've been loving in June.
L'Oréal Glam Bronze Cushion De Soleil

This cushion bronzer was released at the same time as the highly anticipated Nude Magique Cushion foundation by L'Oréal. It is a wonderful amalgamation of innovative technology and a cult product everyone wants at this time of year. This is neither a powder or cream formula, it is more of a liquid that is so ridiculously easy to use. When blending onto the skin it doesn't disrupt the base underneath, it just adds a beautifully even veil of bronze. An absolute must-have in your make-up bag for a holiday or vacation.

http://www.superdrug.com/Make-Up/Face/Bronzer/L%27Oreal-Cushion-De-Soleil-Bronzer/p/700820

L'Oréal Glam Bronze La Terra Face & Body Sun Powder 02

A perfect multi-purpose product for summer. This HUGE bronzer from L'Oréal (they are killing it with bronzers this year) is seriously pigmented so do go in with a light hand and a tap of your bronzer brush before you sweep this onto the face. However if you are wanting to bronze up the body as well, I would say you don't really have to worry about this because you want it to show up. The texture of this product is ironically not very powdery at all, it feels very smooth which is great for blending into the skin seamlessly. Another bonus: it smells like holidays! *heart emoji*

http://www.superdrug.com/Make-Up/Face/Bronzer/L%27Oreal-Glam-Bronze-La-Terra-Tribal-Powder-Natural-Capri-6ml/p/461701?singleResultSearchPage=true

Sleek Make-Up Solstice Highlighting Palette

If you haven't heard of this product yet... Where have you been?! It seems the entire beauty community have been loving this product in the last few weeks and it's not hard to see why. I haven't picked up any other highlighter this month because this just gives me all I would need in that department. The pigment of the 4 shades in the palette are so incredible for the price and you are really able to tailor the intensity of your highlight to your tastes. I'm really into a very glowing look right now so you can imagine how heavy I go in with this.

http://www.superdrug.com/Sleek/Sleek-MakeUP-Highlighter-palette-Solstice-9g-32/p/576803?singleResultSearchPage=true

Make-Up Revolution Ultra Blush Palette in Hot Spice

This palette is more than just a favourite of June, it's a favourite from many months. It's the only palette I reach for for blush and it's only £6! Less than a £1 pound a blush! Each blush pan has great pigment to it and a real variety of shades that are great on their own but also mixed with each other on your blush brush. I personally reach for the 3 more muted tones on the left hand side of the palette as you look at it. I do sometimes dip into the more orangey shade amongst them to add a bronzed feel to my blush. If you're a little intimidated by blush and are not sure which shade to go for, I'd highly recommend this palette for experimenting.

http://www.superdrug.com/Makeup-Revolution/Makeup-Revolution-Ultra-Blush-Palette-Hot-Spice/p/246717?singleResultSearchPage=true

Zoeva Cocoa Blend Eyeshadow Palette

If you love your warm toned eyeshadows both matte and shimmery, look no further. I have been loving this palette from Zoeva this month as the gorgeous shimmery shades always add a bit of something special to any eye look. The packaging of this palette also makes it great for travel and the creaminess of the shades means application is easy and the pigment isn't compromised.

http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/zoeva/cocoablendpalette/

Essence Lip Liner in '11 In The Nude'

This lip liner is my new everyday go-to for my lips. I struggle sometimes to find a nude that is a true nude. I don't like anything too mauve-toned nor do I like very terracotta tones either. Geez I sound very high maintenance with my lip colours, don't I? Nevertheless, I had heard great things about this liner so for the super low low cost, I decided to pick it up. Such a great true nude on my lips and surprisingly creamy given the price. I'd definitely recommend it if you love your nude lips.

(I can't seem to find a link to buy this liner, best to check in Wilkinson's stores!)

Gosh Velvet Touch Lip Liner in '001 Nougat Crisp'

The struggle with getting ahold of this lip liner was real. I waited 2 months for this to come back into stock both in store and online, after which I soon gave up hope. Until I was browsing the Superdrug website and saw it in stock AND half price! Now that I have this in my life now, I can't seem to put it away when I'm going out for dinner or drinks (or both!). It stays on the lips really well and I do really love the colour. It is leaning towards the mauve-y end of the spectrum more than the Essence one but I still really love it.

http://www.superdrug.com/GOSH/Gosh-Velvet-Touch-Lip-Liner-Nougat-Crisp/p/281255 

Look Good Feel Better Powder Brush

I have written a blog post already on Look Good Feel Better brushes and the wonderful work they do and support they provide to those dealing with cancer, particularly the side affects. You can read that post here. I have continued to love this brush for a multitude of reasons in June. Predominantly I use it to blend all of my base powder products (blusher, bronzer, translucent powder) together to remedy any harsher than I'd like lines. I do also use it to dust away any 'baking' I do under the eyes or on my chin. If you are in need of some new brushes, take a look at LGFB.

http://www.boots.com/en/Look-Good-Feel-Better-Powder-brush_1691017/

And that is it for another month! I hope you have enjoyed reading this post, or even watching the video! Let me know what your favourites were from the month of June in the comments under this post.

If you want to check out my June Favourites video over on my YouTube channel, click the video below.



P x

No comments:

Post a Comment