Thursday 4 October 2012

September favourites! ❤

Hey everyone! Firstly, I want to apologize for my absence of late; I've been very busy with holidays and enrolling into University and subsequently moving away from home! But I'm back and hoping to get back into the swing of things!

As I've been preparing for University, I have bulk bought a lot of health/beauty/make-up products so that I am not spending all of my money re-buying stuff throughout my years here. Places like Costco do really good deals on bulk (I got 12 packets of Simple make-up remover wipes for like £10- BARGAIN!) So for any prospective students out there, I would definitely recommend bulk buying a lot of products so you have a plentiful supply and don't waste your money re-stocking!

Anyway, let's get into my favourite's for this month! :D

Skincare

This is not so much a monthly favourite but a lifetime favourite! I use these Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes every single day to remove my make-up! They are so gentle on the skin and they're not over perfumed so it doesn't feel like you're putting a load of chemicals on your skin!



Next up is this little tester kit from Body Shop of the Seaweed Cleanser Polish, Toner, Day and Night cream. I used this for the first time about a year ago and I fell in love with it. Unfortunately and for some unknown reason, I didn't re-purchase (maybe I couldn't afford it at the time or something) but I recently re-bought the tester kit to try out again to make sure that it was best suited for my skin still because I know that skin types can change and you sometimes have to re-think the products you use. Thankfully, this product is still ideal for me and I love using it. It smells so fresh and it just makes my skin feel so clean which is great after a long day of wearing make-up! I think this retails at £12 for the tester kit, but the individual products in the bigger size are obviously a bit more expensive. Also, in Body Shop, they usually have little freebies to give to you like sachets of a new body butter, so could be worth checking out!



Another little product I've been loving for my skin is this hand-wash. It's from Wilkinson's and I think I bought two for £1.50 (BARGAIN). I bought this 'Fruity Berry' one and also a 'Honey and Vanilla' one to replace it once it's finished. I find this is essential in University simply because you kind of forget that you need hand wash in your bathroom because it's always there at home and you take it for advantage. It smells amazing and the scent does linger for a little while on your hands which is a plus for me!



Make-up 

I recently bought this blush because my Body Shop one that I've had for ages just didn't seem to be doing anything anymore. I hadn't hit the pan or anything but the colour just didn't show up anymore. So I had heard some good things from Tanya Burr (pixi2woo on YouTube) and I decided to purchase the Make Up Academy (MUA) blush in Shade 2. I was going to buy the more pinker shade which I think was Shade 1 but it was just far too pink for me and it wouldn't have suited me either. Also, really pink blushes remind me of when I was younger and there were these group of girls who were obsessed with make-up; they would wear orange, cakey foundation and powder with bright barbie pink blusher. So I went for the more natural colour and I love it! It's really pigmented so you don't need to load up your brush with it otherwise you'll have too much on your cheeks and still some product left over on the brush. This is a great feature because it means it will last for a long time! It was also a bargain at £1!



Next up is this product from Max Factor. It's the Smoky Eye Effect eye shadow with two different colours at each end. My Mum actually gave this to me in a big bag of make-up that she didn't want anymore. This is in the colour 'Bronze Haze' and it's actually a really great product! The colours are really nice; a shimmery beige and a shimmery brown/bronze. They blend together really well and they are very buildable which is good if you're hesitant about putting too much on.


Next up is a Revlon Lip Butter in the colour 'Strawberry Shortcake'. These have been raved about by most beauty bloggers and I think Revlon have really got it right with this one! This particular colour is gorgeous, a very girly pink with some shimmer. I also got one in the colour 'Cotton Candy' which is more of a blue-toned pink which I wear on a night out. They are really creamy so they feel really good on your lips. 


This next product; which is a mascara, is quite frankly a god send. I love the original Faux Cils mascara from Yves Saint Laurent but would never be able to afford it so my Dad would get it for me from duty free whenever he went away on business trips because it is cheaper in the airports. They recently came out with the same mascara but in a shocking version. This is simply amazing. It definitely lives up to it's name and it makes your lashes so thick and long that it definitely looks like you have false lashes on! I love the packaging also!


I recently tried this Super Plumping Lip Gloss from Champneys (it was another goody that my Mum had put in the make-up bag) and I've always liked the idea of them because my lips are fairly plump but I like it when they look a little bigger. I also love the tingling sensation you get when you apply it; which I know is an acquired taste. 


I have always loved Barry M nail polishes but had in a way, abandoned it and looked elsewhere and when I picked up these two, I fell in love with the whole line again! I got (left to right) 'Cappuchino' and 'Berry Ice Cream' and I think they were on a deal in Superdrug which was 2 for £5. However, I don't think the deal is still on :( The 'Cappuchino' colour is definitely more of a night-time, sophisticated polish and the 'Berry Ice Cream' is more of a summery day time polish but I love them both equally and I will definitely be visiting the Barry M stand again!


So there were my favourites for September! I know I have been absent for a while, but I've been so busy what with moving into University and starting studying again after about 3 months off. I'm hoping to get back into a routine of things and I'm also planning some new blog posts.

What are your September favourites? Have you tried any of the products I've mentioned and what did you think?

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment