Thursday 4 July 2013

My Hair Care Routine!

Hellooooo everyone! Today's post is all about hair. I have probably dyed my hair over 50-75 times in my lifetime (I'm only 20 years old!) and I've been all sorts of hair colours. From a dark brown almost black to platinum blonde and every colour in between. 

I have quite long hair now and it's very thick. I guess that bowl cut I had when I was 3 years old really did help my hair thicken out. Thanks, Mum.

Now I have embraced my natural hair colour which is a coppery strawberry blonde and haven't coloured it in over a year! This has done the world of wonders for my hair because colouring ruined my hair and now it's pretty well hydrated and soft. 

However, I do still style my hair with heat so it's still very important for me to find products that protect my hair from the heat, as opposed to colouring as well. 



I have loved the Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner ranges for years. I always switch between different ones to test them out and see which one are best for my hair. When I used to colour my hair as well as heat styling, I had to use very intensive conditioners and hydrating shampoo to help give my hair a boost. However, take away the colouring and now I don't need as much hydration. 

The 'Beautiful Ends' range is my favourite because it smells AMAZING (a huge factor for me), lathers really well so it feels like it's really cleaning my hair and it's ideally suited for my hair length and type as I do suffer with split ends; largely because of heat styling. I know Herbal Essences is known for using silicone's in their products which give the hair the feel that it's nourished when it's just a cover over the hair but it honestly makes no odds to me. It does the job and that all I ask.


As I have long hair which is INCREDIBLY thick (this is no exaggeration, my hair is like a lion's mane!) it can get very tangled after it's been washed and bunged up in a towel to dry. Therefore, I need a good product that I can spritz in to get rid of these tangles but doesn't rip my hair out. I used this product from Aussie years ago and the smell always reminded me of banana muffins. After a few years of not using it and venturing into other detanglers, I decided to go back to it because it was a genuinely great product and I just adored the smell as well as the results it gave. 

Another great feature about this product is that it also have protective properties that help the hair from heat. This is great for blow-drying because it takes forever with my hair because it is so thick and acts like a sponge when it's in contact with water!


Lastly for when I want to straighten or curl my hair, I used the L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin heat protectant. I use the straight formula just because I have my hair straight most of the time. I loved the Elnett hairspray and have done for years so was really intrigued to see what this would be like. I wasn't disappointed. I love the smell of this product and it spritz' so finely that it doesn't feel like it's weighing the hair down or dousing it with more moisture, which could make it greasy. I definitely think it does a good job of protecting the hair. However, I always remember that I am combining a lot of hair protectant properties in all these products so there's going to be some substantial protection going on!

So there you have it! Have you used any of these products? What are your holy grail hair care products?

Thank you for reading this post!

Paris x

No comments:

Post a Comment