Thursday 9 January 2014

Product Review: Soap and Glory's 'Eyes Box'

I have never tried any of Soap and Glory's make-up line but have heard great things and I do love their bath and body line. I received their 'Eyes Box' gift set for Christmas and couldn't wait to test it out. I had only used the mascara from this set before I took these photos (dedication to my blog there). 

So, what did I think of the set?




First up, the mascara. This 'Thick and Fast Super Volume' Mascara is a best seller for Soap and Glory and it solely sells for £10. However, as part of this set, you pay a fraction of that, which is great. The mascara has a large fibre brush which is great for achieving thick, voluminous lashes (as the name would hint). If you like the doll-eye, almost clumpy look, this is great! However, if you rather a more natural look, it is slightly more difficult to achieve this look with this mascara. Nevertheless, I love the results this mascara gave to my lashes. 




With that first success, do the eyeshadows follow suit?



L-R: Black Gold, Dandy Plum, Minky, Smokin', Wild Blue and Vanilla

I like the texture of these shadows and when I was swatching them, they glided on just lovely. However, pigmentation is just above average. They're good, but not great. For comparison, they're not as pigmented as Sleek's eyeshadow palettes. The pigment of 'Wild Blue' did not transfer from the palette to my forearm very well at all. It looks gorgeous in the palette but a little lack lustre after.

However, 'Minky' and 'Dandy Plum' are such beautiful colours. I love neutral and warmer tones for the eyes and can definitely see myself adding these to my repertoire of 'most used eyeshadows'. I do like 'Vanilla' too but again like 'Wild Blue', it took a few swatches to get the final look above. 

Now to the last part of this set, the eyeliner. 



Wow. That's all I can say about this eyeliner. It's glides onto the skin like a dream and is so pigmented! This would be perfect if you apply to your eyes and smoke them out a little with a pointed brush for a quick and easy but still sexy smoky eye look. This is definitely a winner with me. 

So overall, what would I rate this set? The mascara and eyeliner are amazing and would recommend them to anyone. The eyeshadows are varied, I had two clear favourites as mentioned but the others were just okay, nothing amazing. However, I have heard great things about the neutral shades of the 'Lid Stuff' range so maybe I'll try those in the future and report back. 

Have you tried this set or any of the products included? What did you think?

I have a feeling this set was only available for Christmas. However, information on the products can be found on Soap and Glory's website here.

Individual products are of course available from Boots. 

Thanks for reading this post!

Paris x



No comments:

Post a Comment