Friday 28 February 2014

NOTW: Leighton Denny 'Sundae Gir'

I've never tried any of the nail varnishes from Leighton Denny, so when I received a gift set from my Nan, I was really looking forward to try them out. Here are some photos and my thoughts on one of the colours, 'Sundae Girl'. 




I usually steer away from pale pink shades on my nails as I am very pale and sometimes it can make me look immortal; not a good look. However, there is something about this shade that I really like and I think I'll love it even more in the summer when I have a tan (fake obviously- ginger's don't tan).

Formula wise this nail varnish is very nice. You'll need about 2-3 coats to achieve full opacity. Follow up with a top coat of your choice and you are set! The colour lasts for about a week which is really good by nail varnish standards of staying power. However, don't be naive and not expect any chips- they're a give in!

This colour is also very on trend for SS14 as pastel shades including lilac, mint, baby blue and nude are key in fashion and beauty. So if you're not brave enough or can't afford to buy a whole new wardrobe for the season, you can achieve on-trend nails very easily and cheaply!

All in all, I would recommend this colour and brand to anyone looking for something a little different to what the drugstore has to offer. However for £11; would I buy more from the range? Maybe if I wanted to treat myself or for a special event like a graduation or wedding. But for everyday? Probably not. 

'Sundae Girl' is available to buy from the Leighton Denny website here for £11.

What do you think of this nail colour? Have you tried anything from Leighton Denny.

Thank you for reading! 

Paris x













No comments:

Post a Comment