Saturday 1 February 2014

Black Cherry.

Hello everyone!

So I went to the pub for some drinks last night with a few friends and I thought I'd show you the make-up I wore. My flatmate said I looked so glamorous for going to the pub which I do admit to be somewhat true. Nevertheless, I do love playing with make-up so what did she expect from me?!

I decided to go with a simple lid colour and a dramatic cat-like eyeliner. I used 'Venus' from my Urban Decay Basics and 'Vanilla' from Soap and Glory to even out the skin tone on my lids. I then went in with 'Naked 2' with a touch of 'Faint' from the UDB palette through my crease to define my eyes more. 




For the eyeliner, I used my Miss Sporty Studio Lash liquid eyeliner in Extra Black. Once that had dried and set, I went over it with a black eyeshadow (I used 'Crave' from my UDB palette). This made the eyeliner darker and slightly smokier on the edges. 

I applied my favourite false eyelashes of late which are the Vintage Company 'Betty' corner lashes. I picked these up in Boot's for £6 and I absolutely adore them. They suit my eyes much better than full length strip lashes and are less time to apply than individuals. 

For the pièce de résistance of this look, is the lipstick. I love dark/berry tones lips for the winter season so I went for this lip paint by Barry M. It's in the colour Black Cherry - 160 and is available in Superdrug for around £4-5. Please note that it's the lipstick with the pink packaging, which is Barry M's Ultra Moisturising Lip Paints. This lipstick is very moisturising so be careful it doesn't transfer onto the skin but eventually it'll matte and look great. 


                 

For the skin, I used my usual combination of Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation, Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer and my Sleek Face Form palette to contour, highlight and add a natural flush. 

So there you have it, a very glamorous almost 1940's make-up look worthy of drinks in a swanky bar and even in your local pub! I wouldn't wear this to dinner mind, it'd probably end up all over my face whilst I'm eating. Isn't that a lovely image to end this blog post on?

Let me know if you like this make-up look and if you have tried Barry M's lip paints or any of the other products I have mentioned!

Thank you for reading this post!

Paris x

No comments:

Post a Comment