Thursday 17 July 2014

Throw Back Thursday: Prom Edition!

It's prom season and I've seen so many pictures of girls (and guys!) all dressed up to the nines for a glamorous night with all of their friends. It's lovely to see all the different gowns that girls wear for the night; sparkly, sequinned, lace, corseted, long, short, you name it, I've seen it! 

My Year 11 prom was 5 years ago now. FIVE YEARS! I can't believe it was that long ago, I remember the whole day getting ready with my Mum like it was yesterday. She had freshly bleached my hair (I was platinum blonde many moons ago), applied my fake tan in the garden, took me to the Body Shop to get my make-up done, done my hair for me, helped me into my dress that we chose and lent me some of her jewellery to add some extra bling! 

Even though I had two other proms after my Year 11 one, this was by far my most favourite look. I guess Mum's really do have that touch. I would definitely recommend keeping make-up very natural and bronzed. Your dress is probably a statement enough so let that do the talking!

I've trawled my Facebook and found this photo of me all those years ago. The more I look at this dress the more I want to go to my Mum's and dig it out and wear it again (if it still fits, that is!) I had an absolutely wonderful night with all my friends, taking lots of photos and if you have had your prom or it is coming up, I hope you have a wonderful time!

Thank you for reading and I hope you found it fun to go down memory lane with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment