Thursday 12 July 2012

Add a touch of sparkle to your manicure!

Everyone loves a french manicure. I think they look so classy and go with any outfit. I've recently mastered how to do it on my own nails (a lot of practice and shaky hands!) and I love how it looks on me. However, it could get a bit boring after a while so I tried to thing of how to make it look more exciting (as exciting as nails can get!). I was rummaging through my wardrobe as it needed a tidy badly and I found a nail varnish that my mum got me for Christmas. It's by Barry M, and it's like silver glitter varnish. Now, it is limited edition so is most likely to not be on sale now. However, I was in a huge beauty warehouse yesterday and spotted an OPI nail varnish called Pirouette My Whistle/Whisper (can't remember the exact name!) which was very similar; I think the only difference was that the glitter particles were ever so slightly bigger, which could make them too big for just the tips, but that's down to personal preference. I'm sure there are also other beauty brands that sell a silver sparkle nail polish, it's just a matter of spotting it!

Here are a few pictures of the white tip manicure with the Barry M nail varnish just on the tips, I didn't do my whole hand because some nails are chipped and it wouldn't look as good. Plus I wanted to get this post completed and uploaded ASAP. I will do all my nails and post pictures probably tomorrow when I sit down and re-do my manicure. However, for the time being, enjoy!


(With flash)

(Without flash)

Let me know what you think of this! I think it would be really cute for parties where you want to add a bit of sparkle to an outfit :) Would you ever try it? What is your favourite nail varnish?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment