Sunday 8 September 2013

My August Playlist!

It's a fair judgement to say that I listen to music pretty much all day. I listen to a wide variety of music spanning from acoustic to dub step to rap/hip-hop.

With August over, I thought I'd share some of my most favourite tracks that I've listened to here with you.

On the acoustic side of things, I have rediscovered my love for Ed Sheeran (seriously, I love him so much) and his debut album '+'. It's an amazing album and I love all of the songs on it. I'd say my absolute favourites are 'Give Me Love', 'Kiss Me', 'Wake Me Up' and 'U.N.I.'. He is a lyrical genius and I find his songs so relatable to my life. That's the best kind of music to me.

A slightly less known artist (I think anyway, I don't know many people who have heard of him) is Francis Dunnery. I have always loved his song, 'Good Life' ever since I first heard it last winter. It has very special meaning to me and sometimes it makes me well up just listening to it, it's that powerful of a song to me. It's not just an August favourite, it's a constant favourite.

Ever since I heard 'Let Her Go' by Passenger whilst I was listening to Radio 1 and working on my first year portfolio at university, I've kind of become a little obsessed with them. It's a beautiful song and I couldn't wait to listen to the rest of the album. In August, I have been listening to 'Things That Stop You Dreaming', 'Patient Love' and 'Life's For The Living'. 

It's no secret that I am a Taylor Swift fan. I love her newest album 'Red' and some of my favourite tracks this month have been '22', 'Begin Again', 'Red' and 'I Knew You Were Trouble'. 

I have also rediscovered Vanessa Carlton's classic hit 'A Thousand Miles'. I relate to this song very easily and it's just a classic song to sing along to!

Creeping into the 'more rap but still kind of poppy' genre, I LOVE Jay Z's newest album. I love his song 'Holy Grail' with Justin Timberlake. They are just a slick duo. Love it.

Lastly, I have been listening to Jason Derulo's newest track 'Talk Dirty' featuring 2 Chainz. I love 2 Chainz and I love this song. It's definitely my new 'getting ready for a night out' song.

L-R: Ed Sheeran, Passenger, Taylor Swift, Jay Z (Magna Carta Holy Grail album cover)

Have you listened to any of these songs? What's your favourite songs from August?

Thank you for reading!

Paris x

No comments:

Post a Comment