Monday 9 September 2013

Review: Maybelline's The Rocket Volum' Express Mascara

As a student, I cannot afford to repurchase my favourite high-end mascara, Effet Faux Cils by Yves Saint Laurent every few months. Thus meaning I am constantly on the look out for a drugstore mascara that will achieve very similar results, for a fraction of the price.



I'd seen Ingrid from MissGlamorazzi on YouTube raving about this mascara from Maybelline and it did look like it really lengthened and volumized her lashes. So I thought I'd give it a go...


In all honesty, I was not blown away by this mascara. I'm not sure whether it was just my lashes, but it just didn't really do anything amazing like it seemed to do with Ingrid or other beauty bloggers.

It had a thick, plastic wand which is an automatic turn off for me with mascaras. I find them (and this mascara was no exception) to be very scratchy on the eyelid when applying. Despite that, I persevered with it and it still didn't make my eyelashes look any better.




The formula is OK, nothing ground breaking either. I think the thick wand which isn't curved does let it down somewhat.

Would I buy this again? Definitely not, especially at £7.99. There are many other drugstore mascaras which do a much better job at lengthening and volumizing my lashes.

Have you tried Maybelline's The Rocket Volum' Express mascara? What did you think of it?

Thank you for reading!

Paris x

No comments:

Post a Comment