Saturday 15 June 2013

Face of the Day: Neutral Natural

As I was unable to post a video on my YouTube on Thursday (technical difficulties hinder us all), I thought I'd post one of these 'Face of the Day' blogs so you can see what make-up look I am wearing. Today I'm going to a viewing then to town with my friend so I just went with my everyday make-up look which is neutral eyes and nude/pink lips. This look is so easy for me to wear but still looks like I've made an effort.

Here is the finished look:







And here are the products I used:


I prepped my skin with the Neutrogena oil-free grapefruit moisturiser. I am testing this product out and so far I do like it. However, I am wondering whether because it is oil free that it doesn't moisturise the dry patches around my nose. Anyway, I love the smell of this product. It's grapefruit so it smells really zingy and fresh and I love that fresh feeling on my skin. 

On my skin I am wearing Revlon's Colour Stay foundation in 'Buff'. This is the 'Oily/Combination' skin formula and I really do like this product. It's extremely build-able meaning you can achieve both a natural look with some blemishes showing through or a completely flawless look. The only thing about this foundation is that it can be difficult to apply as with me I have found, the product sticks to dry patches around my nose and generally doesn't blend very well on my nose. It is available in Boots and Superdrug in the UK (also international I believe, but I don't know the stockists) for around £12.99.

For blemishes and under my eyes I used the Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' concealer in 'True Ivory'. This product is great for blending as it has a thin/silky texture. I wouldn't say it's great for coverage under the eyes, especially if you have dark circles or extremely obvious blue tones under them. Something like a MAC studio fix concealer or a Bobbi Brown colour corrector would be more suited for this. Overall, it is a really nice product.

To contour my face, I used Benefit's 'Hoola' bronzer. I love this product! It's a great all over bronzer because it doesn't have any shimmer so you don't have to worry about looking like a disco ball when you're wearing it. Also, because of the absence of shimmer, it doesn't amplify any blemishes you have on your skin. I've hit pan on this product (all I have left is the in the corners- Boo!) and I will most likely re-purchase it. 

For blush I used the MUA blusher in 'Shade 2'. This product is a bargain at £1 (!!!) and it's incredibly pigmented. It's a gorgeous pink- in between a bright pink and a baby pink with a little bit of shimmer running through it. I like to use this with a natural eye and lip combo just because it injects a little bit of colour to my face. 

On my eyes, I used about 4 different colours from the MUA 'Undressed' palette. This product is basically a dupe for the Urban Decay 'Naked' palette for about a quarter of the price at £4. The eyeshadows are very pigmented and just lovely. I used the lightest shade in my inner corner to brighten up my eyes, then I mixed the lightest matte shade with the second lightest shimmery shade and put this all over the lid. I then used the darkest shimmery shade as a liner on my top and bottom lash line. I didn't want to use a heavy black eyeliner as I was going as natural as possible. One downside to this palette is that you experience quite a bit of fall out. but simply wipe this away with your foundation brush. 

I used the Maybelline Falsies mascara in black for my lashes. I love this mascara so much. It is honestly the best drugstore mascara I have used. It lengthens my lashes and thickens them without making them too clumpy. I think it retails for about £6.99 in Boots and Superdrug (again- I don't know about internationally). I will always re-purchase this product. It's that good.

For my brows I just used the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Light Brown, I think? The colour has worn off the label. But I really like this, it's just generally a good product.

On my lips I am wearing Avon's lipstick in Pout. This is a gorgeous nude pink lip which has featured on this blog before! I really like it for neutral looks. 

Finally to set my skin, I use the Rimmel 'Stay Matte' Powder in 'Transparent'. I like to keep powders transparent because I don't like to put extra colour on top of my foundation, concealer, bronzer and blusher. I simply pat this on my skin and with regular touch-ups throughout the day, I don't get shiny! I think this retails for about £3.99 in Boots and Superdrug- bargain!

So there you have it! Let me know what you think of this look and whether you have tried any of these products and what you think of them!

Thank you for reading and I'll see you in the next blog!

Paris xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment